Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"It's how you play the game."

As all of my friends in grad school are dealing with the stress of finals right now, I've been preparing myself for the onslaught of wedding season (beginning with two bachelorette weekends in a row, followed by a wedding the next weekend) by watching as many sappy, romantic movies as possible. In doing so, it has come to my attention that SEVERAL of my friends (and you know who you are!) haven't ever seen Bull Durham.

Okay, let me start by saying that anything with 1980's Kevin Costner is a must-see. But when you couple that golden fact with baseball, an awesome 80's soundtrack, Susan Sarandon + Tim Robbins (hello, they met on the set of that movie, may their relationship rest in peace), baseball-centric philosophic musings and a tagline that reads: "Romance is a lot like baseball. It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game." how could the movie NOT be amazing?? Do yourself a favor, and watch it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I've probably seen this movie a dozen times, and it hasn't gotten old.
Photos from here and here.