Monday, April 23, 2012

Summer Psych-Out

As I mentioned on Friday, the weather took a turn for the amazing, and for 72 glorious hours, I believed it was summer. I picnicked at Lafayette Park, laid in the sun with a good book and a cold drink, dug into a juicy watermelon, and grilled artichokes on the BBQ. I even attempted mini golf, but found the weather too hot to chase a ball around the astroturf.

Photobucket
But alas, like every weekend reminds us, all good things must come to an end. And so I emerged from my apartment this morning, hot drink in hand and with a scarf around my neck, to find that it was only a dream. So please enjoy the scant photographic evidence I managed to capture of our early summer mirage. With any luck, maybe I’ll drift back into the same dream next weekend… Photobucket