Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mendocino

Before visiting Mendocino, I was convinced I was going to fall head-over-heels in love with what I imagined to be a most quaint and charming place. After all, I’d seen some of its loveliness detailed on Murder She Wrote when, in the early 90’s, I’d sneak in to watch it with my grandma on her cozy brown sofa.

Sadly, my real-life experience with the town was less than the stuff dreams are made of. In short, it was a bit creepy, all of the townspeople appearing just a little bit off, and it caused me to develop an unshakable feeling that the town may or may not slip off the steep cliffs into the ocean at any minute. Regardless, it was an adventure. Here are some of the pictures (creepy townspeople sadly lacking – the whole place actually feeling quite empty) for your viewing enjoyment.

We begin...with a pond...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
...and end with the best shop they had.
Photobucket
Don't let me dissuade you from visiting. Just know that you will NOT see Ms. Angela Lansbury and none of the shops play any music, which is unexpectedly odd and strangely disconcerting. But please, visit and enjoy!